About K.R. Gaddy
K.R. GADDY's work has appeared in The Washington Post, Baltimore Sun, Baltimore magazine, OZY, and Narratively, among other publications. Her writing and research has received numerous awards, including a Robert W. Deutsch Foundation Rubys Artist Grant. She has an MFA in nonfiction from Goucher College, a BA in history, and a BA in modern languages and linguistics from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). This is her first book. She lives in Baltimore with her partner, banjo builder Pete Ross, and their cats.
You can call her Kristina if you see her. Read more of her writing on her website or see what she's up to on Instagram. You can also follow her and review the book on Goodreads.
Press & Interviews
- Featured in School Library Journal's "YA Books Reflect the Activism of Real-Life Teens"
- Essay in Dilettante Army on the Edelweiss Pirates and resistance by young people
- Starred Review in Kirkus
- Starred Review in School Library Journal
- Review in Baltimore magazine
- Review on The Nerd Daily
- Review on WMAC "The Roundtable"
- Interview with The Creative Nonfiction Podcast on nonfiction craft, research, and writing.
- Interview with Kayhla Cornell of the Women’s Congress for Future Generations for conversations: a WCFFG project.